Browsing the Web with a non-existing User-Agent

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 16:53:15 +0200
To: public-bpwg-ct <public-bpwg-ct@w3.org>

I've been masquerading my User-Agent header lately to browse the Web,
using a non-existing User-Agent with no link whatsoever to any existing one.

I was expecting to see things break one way or the other, but the thing
is I had no real problem so far.
I see a few sites that return an "application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml"
content-type that is not recognized by my browser, but this typically is
an indication that they have a mobile-optimized version, so not what I
would consider to be a big problem.

So I'm wondering. Can anyone point out a few web sites that returns a
rejected response when queried with a "weird" User-Agent? (either
through a 406 status, or through a 200 status code with a "sorry"
message) I suppose I'm only browsing modern Web sites, not "legacy" ones.

Thanks,
Francois.