W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg-ct@w3.org > April 2008

FW: [agenda] CT call Tuesday 8 April 2008

From: Magnus Lönnroth <magnus.lonnroth@ericsson.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 12:53:26 +0200
Message-ID: <A91F30A632473A47B40C18D2B107CA6F056C0276@esealmw105.eemea.ericsson.se>
To: <public-bpwg-ct@w3.org>


I hope to attend this call, but I have another activity with a high risk of running overtime and colliding with it. I therefore send my regrets pre-emptively - but with any luck they wont be needed..

thanks,

Magnus

-----Original Message-----
From: public-bpwg-ct-request@w3.org [mailto:public-bpwg-ct-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Francois Daoust
Sent: den 7 april 2008 16:40
To: public-bpwg-ct
Subject: [agenda] CT call Tuesday 8 April 2008


Apologies for the late agenda...

The latest draft is the candidate for publication as First Public Working Draft. Please review it, and send/prepare your comments!


-----
Chair: François
Staff Contact: François
Known regrets: rob, bryan?

Date: 2008-04-08T1400Z for 60mn
Phone: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, +44.117.370.6152 Conference code: 2283 ("BCTF") followed by # key IRC channel: #bpwg on irc.w3.org, port 6665.

Latest draft:
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/editors-drafts/Guidelines/080403 



Proposed agenda:

1. Presentation of the draft
----------------------------
Compared to previous draft:
- the actual guidelines didn't change, of course.
- some paragraphs moved in first sections. The "Terminology" and "Requirements" section were created on the ashes of the former "Guidelines" section.
- the editorial notes were re-written to make sense to people outside of the task force, and separated from the "real" text when they were embedded.


2. Any objection to publication as FPWD?
----------------------------------------
-> resolution to publish the draft as it stands (*)
... where (*) links to changes based on 3 and 4 below: we may want to rename the doc and clarify the abstract before publication.

Other than 3 and 4, resolutions during the call may not be part of the FPWD, unless changes can be done in a snap.


3. About the title
------------------
Dom suggested we included a reference to "mobile" in the doc's title.
Although the doc may be used in a more generic context:
- our motivations are mobile
- it would give the doc more exposure among the mobile community
-> Should we rename the draft to something like "Content Transformation 
Guidelines for the Mobile Web"?


4. About the abstract
---------------------
Dom (again!) suggested we come up with something less obscure, along the 
lines of:
"This document provides guidance for content providers and content
transformation proxies on how they can better work together to deliver
Web content to mobile devices."
-> Works for everyone? Exact text?


5. Control by Administrative or Other Arrangements (§3.2.3)
-----------------------------------------------------------
About allow and disallow lists:
-> resolve on some text to replace the editorial note or action someone 
to provide such a text based on:
- allow/disallow lists are impractical for Content Providers
- allow/disallow lists are difficult to maintain accurately


6. Proxy decision to transform (§4.1.2)
---------------------------------------
- idempotency of GET requests editorial note.
-> resolve or action someone to change it to a real note
- duplicate requests to compare responses.
-> OK to state this must be avoided as a generic practice?


7. Reminder - pending/on-going actions
--------------------------------------
-> remember your actions!
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/products/12


8. Close without much discussion
--------------------------------
I'm not saying we should not discuss because the actions are on me ;), 
it just happens to be actions done or resolved somehow:
ACTION-325 on fd: Initiate discuss on the exception wording ref 
dangerous content
ACTION-685 on fd: Investigate embedded original headers in altered 
requests (message/http), external ref to original headers 
application/external-body) and/or use of WARNING headers
ACTION-686 on fd: Will organise the next CTTF Editors' meeting


9. New actions needed
---------------------
Remaining editorial notes and issues need to be addressed.
Some are not yet linked to any existing action. Who may propose 
text/ideas for further discussion and resolution?


10. AOB
-------
Received on Tuesday, 8 April 2008 10:55:06 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 April 2008 10:55:06 GMT