W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg-ct@w3.org > September 2007

[minutes] CT Task Force Teleconference 2007-09-11

From: Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:47:35 +0100
Message-ID: <C8FFD98530207F40BD8D2CAD608B50B46ABF1A@mtldsvr01.DotMobi.local>
To: <public-bpwg-ct@w3.org>

Please find the minutes of today's meeting at [1] and copied as text below.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html

Jo

W3C
- DRAFT -
Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference
11 Sep 2007

Agenda

See also: IRC log
Attendees

Present
    Jo, Rob, Magnus, Andrew, Abel, SeanP, Aaron
Regrets
    Rhys
Chair
    Jo
Scribe
    rob

Contents

    * Topics
         1. Problem Statement
         2. Guidelines
         3. AOB
    * Summary of Action Items

 

 

<trackbot-ng> Date: 11 September 2007

<kemp> zakim says i am the only one on the bridge

<kemp> this seems unlikely to me

<kemp> yes

<jo> OK

<jo> scribenick: rob
Problem Statement

<jo> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2007Sep/0001.html

jo: Jo posted new draft of problem statement Friday last week
... Any review comments?

Magnus: fine
... ref HTTP spec things are copied verbatim from

<jo> -> New draft http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/editors-drafts/ProblemStatement/070907

jo: re-weaved section 1 substantially

Andrew: on 1st sight looks easier to get into

jo: want to put this in front of BPWG (this draft) to show direction we're moving off in

<jo> ACTION: Jo to move terminology section to an appendix in Problem Statement Document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-553 - Move terminology section to an appendix in Problem Statement Document [on Jo Rabin - due 2007-09-18].

Magnus: in section 2 can't find the 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 headlines - where are they?

<jo> -> Guidelines http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/editors-drafts/Guidelines/2007-08/CTGuidelines.html

jo: they are contents titles in the guidelines doc itself, not in the problem statement

<jo> -> TF HOme Page http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/Overview.html

jo: ed note requesting comments in techniques section - would the statement benefit from moving the techniques alongside the problem narrative?

Andrew: agree would be better not to have a techniques section in the problem statement

Magnus: except to note the HTTP spec contains a lot of useful techniques that exist already

jo: eg Cache-Control: no-transform and Via:

<jo> ACTION: Magnus to draft a passage on possible use of existing HTTP headers with examples [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-554 - Draft a passage on possible use of existing HTTP headers with examples [on Magnus Lönnroth - due 2007-09-18].

<jo> ACTION: Jo to raise an issue on folding the second section into the first to make the document clearer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-555 - Raise an issue on folding the second section into the first to make the document clearer [on Jo Rabin - due 2007-09-18].

<jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Current draft of problem statement to be brought to BPWG as a work in progress

<kemp> +1

+1

<SeanPatterson> +1

<jo> RESOLUTION: Current draft of problem statement to be brought to BPWG as a work in progress

<jo> -> Actions on Problem Statement http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/products/11

jo: briefly look at above to check open actions

<jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Close ACTION-533 and ACTION-539

<jo> RESOLUTION: Close ACTION-533 and ACTION-539
Guidelines

<jo> -> Open Actions on Guidelines http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/products/12

jo: no changes to this doc yet

<jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Close ACTION-534

<jo> RESOLUTION: Close ACTION-534

jo: what is a reasonable time-frame for the open actions?
... hearing due date a bit before next meeting in 2weeks time
... say 18th?

<jo> ACTION: JO to amend due dates to 18th Sept on ACTION-540 etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action04]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-556 - Amend due dates to 18th Sept on ACTION-540 etc. [on Jo Rabin - due 2007-09-18].
AOB

Andrew: aware no target date for quick-wins
... keen to get some guidelines out sooner than later

jo: recalls "by end of year" from the F2F kick-off
... but can't find it in charter
... reasonable to have a last-call-for-comments draft by then
... will raise issue for discussion on list

<jo> ACTION: Jo to raise an ISSUE on deliverable timeframes, and what the milestones are e.g. FPWD, Last Call etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action05]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-557 - Raise an ISSUE on deliverable timeframes, and what the milestones are e.g. FPWD, Last Call etc. [on Jo Rabin - due 2007-09-18].

all agreed "end-of-year" seems reasonable

Andrew: any pointers to recommended reading?

jo: would be good to have a list of references

Andrew: other W3C groups?

<jo> ACTION: Andrew to stimulate debate and collect references to existing techniques white papers etc. from commercial companies within W3C and so on [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action06]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-558 - Stimulate debate and collect references to existing techniques white papers etc. from commercial companies within W3C and so on [on Andrew Swainston - due 2007-09-18].

jo: UWG (Rhys)
... amongst others
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: Andrew to stimulate debate and collect references to existing techniques white papers etc. from commercial companies within W3C and so on [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action06]
[NEW] ACTION: JO to amend due dates to 18th Sept on ACTION-540 etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: Jo to move terminology section to an appendix in Problem Statement Document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Jo to raise an ISSUE on deliverable timeframes, and what the milestones are e.g. FPWD, Last Call etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action05]
[NEW] ACTION: Jo to raise an issue on folding the second section into the first to make the document clearer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Magnus to draft a passage on possible use of existing HTTP headers with examples [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/09/11-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]
Received on Tuesday, 11 September 2007 14:48:04 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:10:36 GMT