W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg-ct@w3.org > August 2007

[minutes] Minutes of Content Transformation Task Force telecon 2007-08-28

From: Jo Rabin <jrabin@mtld.mobi>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:25:49 +0100
Message-ID: <C8FFD98530207F40BD8D2CAD608B50B4600513@mtldsvr01.DotMobi.local>
To: <public-bpwg-ct@w3.org>

Please find these at [A] and as text below.

Thanks to Rob for scribing and to Matt for fixing up the minutes.


Jo
[A] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

         Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference

28 Aug 2007

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Rhys, Magnus_Lonnroth, kemp, Andrew, Jo, sean_patterson, Rob

    Regrets

    Chair
           Rhys

    Scribe
           Rob

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Review Problem Statement
          2. [5]AOB
      * [6]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

    <trackbot-ng> Date: 28 August 2007

    <Andrew> Zarkim, who is on the call?

    i can scribe if u like

    <jo> scribenick: rob

    <jo> Scribe: Rob

    <Rhys>
    [7]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2007Aug/0007.h
    tml

       [7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2007Aug/ 
0007.html

    rhys: additions to agenda?

    <jo>
    [8]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/mobileOK-Pro-1.0-Tes
    ts/20070716

       [8] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/mobileOK- 
Pro-1.0-Tests/20070716

    <jo> oops

    rhys: more from Magnus at the appropriate time

    <jo>
    [9]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/editors-draft
    s/ProblemStatement/070823

       [9] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/ 
editors-drafts/ProblemStatement/070823

    <jo> (latest draft of Problem statement posted after the agenda was
    sent out)

    <jo> worked up from andrew's draft plus actions from last telecon to
    update with additional items from the F2F

Review Problem Statement

    <jo> thinks that jo speaking is a waste of time -

    <jo> on wlan and skype a bad combo

    <jo> will see if there is a fixed phone somewhere

    andrew: suggests discuss not mobile-specific but generic
    delivery-context

    <jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Documents to refer to delivery context in
    general rather than mobile specifically

    <jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: [CTF] Documents to refer to delivery
    context in general rather than mobile specifically

    Rhys: isn't a problem that we are a mobile group

    +1

    <kemp> +1

    <jo> RESOLUTION: [CTF] Documents to refer to delivery context in
    general rather than mobile specifically

    Rhys: Q about sec 2, 1st bullet: Identify what representations are
    available for a resource.

    jo: summarises next 4 sub-bullets
    ... eg HTTP 305 return code

    Rhys: understood

    <jo> np!

    Andrew: thanks Jo for completing the action!

    Magnus: the following comments are based on Andrews email, not Jo's
    write-up...
    ... would be unfortunate if intermediate proxy messed with some
    MIME-types for certain apps
    ... reducing size of ad-banners often makes them ineffective or
    unreadable... does this make replacing them or removing them
    acceptable?

    <Rhys>
    [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2007Aug/0012.
    html

      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2007Aug/ 
0012.html

    jo: these are good additions
    ... advertising point might be kicked to "Society" domain
    ... would rather we note the point, don't try to answer it

    Rhys: this is a guidelines doc, so may be worth guiding the authors
    that there may be unexpected outcomes with adverts

    Sean: any examples on type of app for point 1?

    Magnus: J2ME app requesting an image - don't want size/colour depth
    altering for the phone's browser

    Rhys: also AJAX apps - this would even come from the browser's
    User-Agent

    Magnus: indeed. AJAX can request anything
    ... Will this doc lead to statements of what to do for each actor in
    the chain?

    Rhys: Yes, eg what the origin-server should do, what the adaptation
    proxies should do all along the chain

    <jo> ACTION: [ctf] Jo to weave magnus's text into current draft
    [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - [ctf]

    <jo> ACTION: Jo to weave magnus's text into current draft [Conten
    Transformation] [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-539 - Weave magnus's text into current
    draft [Conten Transformation] [on Jo Rabin - due 2007-09-04].

    <Rhys>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/editors-draf
    ts/Guidelines/2007-08/CTGuidelines.html

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/ 
editors-drafts/Guidelines/2007-08/CTGuidelines.html

    Topic 2. Review Guidelines W3C Working Draft

    <jo> is happy with structure of doc as stands

    Rhys: who'd like to voulenteer info for sections?

    Sean: sec 2.3 to start with

    <rhys> ACTION: SeanP to write initial material for section 2.3 for
    10th Sept [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]

    Aaron: want to contribute to 2.3, maybe 2.2 maybe others

    <rhys> ACTION: Aaron to write initial material for section 2.2/2.3
    for 10th Sept [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action04]

    Andrew: 2.3 and 2.4 please

    <rhys> ACTION: Andrew to write initial material for section
    2.1/2.3/3.1/3.2 for 10th Sept [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action05]

    Magnus: 2.1 please

    <rhys> ACTION: Magnus to write initial material for section 2.1 for
    10th Sept [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action06]

    Andrew: is 2.1 a general intro?

    Magnus: it's about HTTP protocol

    Sean: and 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 are more detail

    Jo: contributors could start with this ToC and we can adjust the
    structure later

    Rhys: OK, start with this structure then

    <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-540 - Make contribution nominally
    against 2.1 [on Magnus Lönnroth - due 2007-09-04].

    <trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - Patterson

    <trackbot-ng> Sorry, couldn't find user - SeanP

    Magnus: prefer due-date of draft for 10 Sept

    Sean: same here, just a draft

    <Andrew> I will contribute to 2.1, 2.3, 3.1 & 3.2 by 10 September

    Jo: will assign actions later, trackbot's not co-operating at
    moment.

AOB

    Rhys: will be on vacation on a bike next call
    ... so Jo will chair next

    <jo> request that each person taking action is noted as having done
    so

    Rhys: thanks everyone

    <jo> othewise we will have no record

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: [ctf] Jo to weave magnus's text into current draft
    [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Aaron to write initial material for section 2.2/2.3
    for 10th Sept [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: Andrew to write initial material for section
    2.1/2.3/3.1/3.2 for 10th Sept [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action05]
    [NEW] ACTION: Jo to weave magnus's text into current draft [Conten
    Transformation] [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: Magnus to write initial material for section 2.1 for
    10th Sept [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action06]
    [NEW] ACTION: SeanP to write initial material for section 2.3 for
    10th Sept [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2007/08/28-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [24]scribe.perl version 1.128
     ([25]CVS log)
     $Date: 2007/08/28 16:41:06 $

      [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 28 August 2007 17:26:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:10:36 GMT