transcoders bad

From: Terren Suydam <terren@singleclicksystems.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 18:19:36 -0400
To: public-bpwg-comments@w3.org

Hello,

As the technical lead for SingleClick Systems mobile development, I'm
writing to protest the W3C's failure to provide a clear rule against the
modification of the User-Agent header.

As mobile developers, my team spends a lot of time creating the mobile
experience *we* want our users to see. If our users are subjected to the
confusing experience of transcoding, we lose money.

I urge the W3C to adopt the standards set forth by Luca Passani's
Manifesto, of which I'm sure you're aware.

Sincerely,
Terren Suydam