RE: Problem with capabilities guideline (5.1.2)

Hi Mark,

thank you for your comments.
I find it curious to find a proponent of a LCD approach :-), since most people tend to argue against it, but perhaps to explain better:

If you follow LCD then you will, most likely, not use the capabilities of the client that is making a request to its fullest.
This will limit the quality of the online experience the user may have.
Generally speaking, you will have to use content adaptation to cater specifically to the cababilities of a particular device.

However, not everyone has that ability.
As such we want to caution authors not use a LCD approach by default, if they could do better.

Regards,
Kai