Re: Workflows for localizing RDF (Fwd: Fwd: "Organization Ontology" Japanese translation available)

> About "But do we get issues when using this data type  (or any non
> http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#langString datatype) when also
> using language tags on the literal? :": Dave is right, the HTML data type
> would not allow for using the language tag. You only could use it in the
> HTML content, that is no query with SPARQL.
>
> Your feedback was quite useful - my main point is: do we want to write all
> this down in easy to understand best practices? Dave had asked a similar
> question, I think.

In my opinion, yes. It is a very interesting topic that has appeared in a
real scenario. Looking at the Topics that we had proposed here:

https://www.w3.org/community/bpmlod/wiki/Topic_classification

I think this discussion could fit in:

2.3 - Longer descriptions, where we could talk about the use of HTML and
even XML literals.
2.4 - Lexicalizations and linguistic information
2.5 - Localization information

4.2 - Localization of existing vocabularies

Do you think we need to add a different topic or is it ok as is?

Best regards, Jose Labra

-

--
Saludos, Labra