Re: Workflows for localizing RDF (Fwd: Fwd: "Organization Ontology" Japanese translation available)

Hi Dave & Elena, all,

sorry for the late follow up. Thanks a lot to Elena for the helpful
comments. With regards to the "external lexicon" approach I am not sure
if a lexicon format is appropriate: from my understanding in
localization workflows the string externalization is temporaily and
specific to the original content. So that would mean potentially one
lexicon per file. Also, a lexicon may not have the right workflow
information you would have in a localization format, e.g.: has the
translation been reviewed and by whom etc. Did you take such (provenance
/ quality / other translation process related) information into account
in Monnet?

I agree with Elena that in both cases the context would be helpful. The
XLIFF skeleton file can provide that, with the drawback to depend on one
specific serialzation: XLIFF.

About the " rdfs:dummy_for_its_1" namespace: this is needed to allow for
the roundtripping with XSLT - it is tool specific and you can ignore it.

About "But do we get issues when using this data type  (or any non
http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#langString datatype) when
also using language tags on the literal? :": Dave is right, the HTML
data type would not allow for using the language tag. You only could use
it in the HTML content, that is no query with SPARQL.

Your feedback was quite useful - my main point is: do we want to write
all this down in easy to understand best practices? Dave had asked a
similar question, I think.

Felix