From: Jorge Gracia [mailto:jgracia@fi.upm.es]
Sent: 17 June 2013 14:30
To: public-bpmlod@w3.org
Subject: [bpmlod] introductions

Dear Community Group members,

We would like to start a thread to allow all the members to introduce
themselves in a few lines, briefly mentioning their current affiliation,
research interests and motivation for participating in the "Best Practises
for Multilingual LOD" group. Let me start myself:

My name is Jorge Gracia. I am a post-doctoral researcher at Ontology
Engineering Group (OEG), Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM). I got my
PhD in Computer Science at University of Zaragoza, with a thesis about
"Integration and Disambiguation Techniques for Semantic Heterogeneity
Reduction on the Web", which comprised sense discovery, matching and
disambiguation techniques in the context of the Semantic Web. (You can find
more information about me at http://delicias.dia.fi.upm.es/~jgracia/).

Recently I focused on the multilingual dimension of the Web of Data, as a
more extreme case of semantic heterogeneity on the Web. In that context I
have been working on the Monnet project, and currently I am very interested
in the areas of cross-lingual ontology matching and instance matching. I
will co-chair the group on Best Practises for Multilingual LOD

Looking forward to a great collaboration!

Jorge