Re: where is the blockchain for day-to-day use?

you are not misreading. it was not off putting for me, IMHO. and on this I
am afraid we will have to agree to disagree. I am not being disrespectful
with any one here, I am not attacking anyone and I dont think the use of
grandma to make the point diminishes in anyway the role of all grandmas.
This is hardly the first time I use grandma to illustrate this point,
actually I have a paper "where is the foaf for grandma?" that was presented
in a conference and it was not criticized for using grandma in the name.
so, I am indeed questioning, ignoring actually,  the whole grandma issue.

On Tue, Nov 14, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Philipp Schmidt <philipp@media.mit.edu>
wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:30 PM Alexander Garcia Castro <
> alexgarciac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Wendy, and everyone. The interest is in "where is this applicable" and
>> how is this going beyond crypto currencies.
>>
>> As for "grandma" being "off-putting" or not, from your email I can see
>> that the msg was well understood -off putting or not.
>>

> I might be misreading your reply, but you seem to question if the subject
> line was off-putting. It was,  and I agree with Wendy’s comment. While the
> email contents may be easy to understand, its subject line is off-putting.
>
> Especially with new technologies like Blockchain, where large parts of the
> population may lack the technical background to fully understand their
> implications, we should aim to include and involve as many perspectives and
> voices as possible. That starts with using inclusive language.

Alexander Garcia
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Alexander_Garcia
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexgarciac