New draft of section 5.5

As I mentioned, I've been focusing on section 5.5, and have attached a
draft.  My main goals are: (a) to explicitly state all relevant
assumptions; (b) to be very clear about what graphs are being considered
and where they came from; and (c) to point out the pros/cons of various
options.

Let me know what you think.

David

--