RE: Learning from other disciplines?

> From: Alan Ruttenberg [mailto:alanruttenberg@gmail.com]
> [ . . . ]
> Don't confuse words with the entities they denote (one of
> David's mistakes).

Huh?   Obviously I understand full well the difference between words and the entities they denote.  However, I *do* often assume that the reader *also* understands this difference.  Hence as a shorthand I sometimes use evocative names (or URIs) rather than spelling out their definitions when the intent seems clear and the particular definitions would be irrelevant.

If you see any case where the intent has not been clear, or if you think I've just plain made a mistake somewhere, please let me know so that I can correct it.  I certainly don't want anyone to have this kind of confusion.

Thanks

David Booth, Ph.D.
HP Software
+1 617 629 8881 office  |  dbooth@hp.com
http://www.hp.com/go/software

Statements made herein represent the views of the author and do not necessarily represent the official views of HP unless explicitly so stated.