RE: Back to HTTP semantics

Hello Jonathan,

So... what effect does a normative reference from the RDF specs to the URI spec have?

	http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#ref-2369
	http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-concepts/#ref-uris
	http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#ref-uri

FWIW: I have always taken those references as establishing the link between URI as opaque names as presented directly in the RDF specs., and what one might regard as the 'normal' interpretation of URIs on the web. Without such normative references I'd agree that there is nothing to drive such a conclusion... but with them... Roughly speaking I'd regard the normative references as constrainting the RDF intepretation of URIs with the 'normal' web interpretation of URIs (at least for those that have the latter).

Maybe I misunderstand the effects or intended effects of normative reference.

<snip/>

> Jonathan
>
> > --
> > David Booth, Ph.D.
> > Cleveland Clinic (contractor)
> >
> > Opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily
> > reflect those of Cleveland Clinic.

Stuart