W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-autowebplatform@w3.org > February 2014

RE: F2F Details - March 2014 - Call for action

From: Justin Park <jongseon.park@lge.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 11:42:54 +0900
To: "'Abramski, Adam M'" <adam.m.abramski@intel.com>
Cc: <public-autowebplatform@w3.org>
Message-ID: <000e01cf2609$cc6a8d90$653fa8b0$@lge.com>
Hi Adam,

 

HyungJin and me from LGE will attend the meeting.

We donĄŻt have any food restrictions.

 

Thank you

Justin

 

From: Abramski, Adam M [mailto:adam.m.abramski@intel.com] 
Sent: Saturday, February 08, 2014 10:25 AM
To: public-autowebplatform@w3.org
Cc: Abramski, Adam M
Subject: RE: F2F Details - March 2014 - Call for action

 

Hi all,

 

Just a reminder please let me know who is and is not planning to attend the
F2F next month in Santa Clara or you wonĄŻt have any food ;)

 

Right now I think the agenda will be part workshop to go through the spec,
make some decisions and I hope we could even come to the agreement (at
least with the group that attends the F2F) that weĄŻre finished with the
spec so we can open it to those in the group who werenĄŻt able to attend
for any final comments before we submit it as a spec for public comment.
Lastly, I think there will be at least a few presentations (giving each
presentation 45 min to 1 hr), namely:

 

-        Speech API - Dominique Massonie (Elektrobit) and David Kampf
(Continental)  - Should we invite Google to attend this part of the agenda?
(Glen Shires and Hans Wennborg)

-        Navigation API - Jade Moon (Obigo)

-        Tuner API - Jade Moon (Obigo)

-        W3C - Educate us on the process of a spec since we are close to
producing our first final draft spec (Philipp/Kaz/Bernard)

-        W3C - Discuss the possibility of starting an Automotive and Web
Platform Working Group (Philipp/Kaz/Bernard)

-        Vehicle Signals Spec - Kevron and Justin (with help from Aldric,
Tina and Paul)

 

For the agenda, I think Kaz and Philipp (W3C) are going to put a
poll/survey together to get input from the members so we can be as
productive as possible and cover topics that need to get covered.

 

Have a great weekend!

Sincerely,
Adam

 

From: Abramski, Adam M [mailto:adam.m.abramski@intel.com] 
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:00 PM
To: public-autowebplatform@w3.org
Subject: F2F Details - March 2014 - Call for action

 

Hi all,

 

To follow up on my action item, I have a conf room that holds 50 people at
Intel in Santa Clara CA on Monday March 17th and Tuesday March  18th,
please begin to make travel arrangements.  Intel address in Santa Clara is
2200 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95054.  The conf room is SC9-201
which is in Building SC9 and there is a parking structure next to it.  For
the first day, letĄŻs start at 9am as I wonĄŻt be able to get there until
at least 8am and we can start Tuesday at around 8/8:30am and end around 5pm
each of the 2 days.  

 

ACTION: Those who wish to participate in the F2F please book travel now!  I
suggest you fly in the day before (Sunday) and fly out the day after (Wed)
since I expect we will use the full 2 days.  I also have room on Wed March
19th as well for part of the day if we need it but Intel canĄŻt provide
lunch or drinks if we extend our meeting to this third day so everyone
would be on their own for food.  Just wanted to throw this out to the
group.  Also, many of you have extensions of your companies or partners or
suppliers in the bay area so consider using this time to do as much as you
can to fill the week and possibly even the week before so you can stay over
a weekend and enjoy the bay area.  Napa and Sonoma are perfect this time of
year as there are fewer visitors there in the spring then during the summer
and fall months J

 

Not sure what the agenda looks like right now and it will depend on how far
the team gets with the spec before the meeting as we may need to use the
time to walk through the spec and get final comments and changes made.  I
think the spec needs to take top priority for us.  Obigo also mentioned
that they would like to present on some specs they and GENIVI are involved
in drafting around Media Tuner and Navigation.  I also heard from PSA that
Elektrobit from GENIVI would like to present on a Speech/TTS API.  So in
light of these, I propose we set aside at least an hour or two to go
through these.  Are there other topics that should be covered?  Anything
that was presented in the past at the Tokyo F2F last year that should be
updated and/or considered for the next spec or use cases that the team
should consider once weĄŻre finished with the vehicle sensor/data spec?
One final thought on my part.  There are some W3C specs that we might be
able to have someone from those WGs cover during our F2F like an update
from the Sys Apps WG to see what they are busy with and focused on, another
would be Voice or Speech thatĄŻs covered by the Speech CG.  For the Speech
CG, Google is nearby and I would be happy to reach out to Glenn who is one
of the editors of the spec to come by and present where they are at and
whoĄŻs implemented the spec etc.  This might be interesting in light of the
proposal from GENIVI/Elektrobit.

 

ACTION: Please share your thoughts as I donĄŻt want to be the one driving
the agenda J 

 

ACTION: Lastly, please let me know if you are planning to attend and if you
have any food restrictions as IĄŻll need to contact our catering company in
the next few weeks with a head count and food restrictions.  Intel will
pick up the costs of coffee and tea for the morning and lunch plus coffee
and tea in the afternoon for Mon and Tues.  IĄŻll try to get some food or
lite nibbles for breakfast and the afternoon if our budget allows but for
now plan to get breakfast on your own and IĄŻll let you all know as we draw
closer to the F2F.  

 

Thanks,
Adam

 

 

Adam M Abramski

Product Planner

Intel Software & Services Group 

503-264-8269 (o) 

503-550-7910 (m)

adam.m.abramski@intel.com

 
Received on Monday, 10 February 2014 02:43:30 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 19:52:52 UTC