W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-autowebplatform@w3.org > February 2014

RE: F2F Details - March 2014 - Call for action

From: Abramski, Adam M <adam.m.abramski@intel.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 01:25:11 +0000
To: "public-autowebplatform@w3.org" <public-autowebplatform@w3.org>
CC: "Abramski, Adam M" <adam.m.abramski@intel.com>
Message-ID: <6AB32C125D193D47AE66073666ED3B5E34A064DE@ORSMSX105.amr.corp.intel.com>
Hi all,

Just a reminder please let me know who is and is not planning to attend the F2F next month in Santa Clara or you won't have any food ;)

Right now I think the agenda will be part workshop to go through the spec, make some decisions and I hope we could even come to the agreement (at least with the group that attends the F2F) that we're finished with the spec so we can open it to those in the group who weren't able to attend for any final comments before we submit it as a spec for public comment.  Lastly, I think there will be at least a few presentations (giving each presentation 45 min to 1 hr), namely:


-          Speech API - Dominique Massonie (Elektrobit) and David Kampf (Continental)  - Should we invite Google to attend this part of the agenda?  (Glen Shires and Hans Wennborg)

-          Navigation API - Jade Moon (Obigo)

-          Tuner API - Jade Moon (Obigo)

-          W3C - Educate us on the process of a spec since we are close to producing our first final draft spec (Philipp/Kaz/Bernard)

-          W3C - Discuss the possibility of starting an Automotive and Web Platform Working Group (Philipp/Kaz/Bernard)

-          Vehicle Signals Spec - Kevron and Justin (with help from Aldric, Tina and Paul)

For the agenda, I think Kaz and Philipp (W3C) are going to put a poll/survey together to get input from the members so we can be as productive as possible and cover topics that need to get covered.

Have a great weekend!
Sincerely,
Adam

From: Abramski, Adam M [mailto:adam.m.abramski@intel.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:00 PM
To: public-autowebplatform@w3.org
Subject: F2F Details - March 2014 - Call for action

Hi all,

To follow up on my action item, I have a conf room that holds 50 people at Intel in Santa Clara CA on Monday March 17th and Tuesday March  18th, please begin to make travel arrangements.  Intel address in Santa Clara is 2200 Mission College Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95054.  The conf room is SC9-201 which is in Building SC9 and there is a parking structure next to it.  For the first day, let's start at 9am as I won't be able to get there until at least 8am and we can start Tuesday at around 8/8:30am and end around 5pm each of the 2 days.

ACTION: Those who wish to participate in the F2F please book travel now!  I suggest you fly in the day before (Sunday) and fly out the day after (Wed) since I expect we will use the full 2 days.  I also have room on Wed March 19th as well for part of the day if we need it but Intel can't provide lunch or drinks if we extend our meeting to this third day so everyone would be on their own for food.  Just wanted to throw this out to the group.  Also, many of you have extensions of your companies or partners or suppliers in the bay area so consider using this time to do as much as you can to fill the week and possibly even the week before so you can stay over a weekend and enjoy the bay area.  Napa and Sonoma are perfect this time of year as there are fewer visitors there in the spring then during the summer and fall months :)

Not sure what the agenda looks like right now and it will depend on how far the team gets with the spec before the meeting as we may need to use the time to walk through the spec and get final comments and changes made.  I think the spec needs to take top priority for us.  Obigo also mentioned that they would like to present on some specs they and GENIVI are involved in drafting around Media Tuner and Navigation.  I also heard from PSA that Elektrobit from GENIVI would like to present on a Speech/TTS API.  So in light of these, I propose we set aside at least an hour or two to go through these.  Are there other topics that should be covered?  Anything that was presented in the past at the Tokyo F2F last year that should be updated and/or considered for the next spec or use cases that the team should consider once we're finished with the vehicle sensor/data spec?  One final thought on my part.  There are some W3C specs that we might be able to have someone from those WGs cover during our F2F like an update from the Sys Apps WG to see what they are busy with and focused on, another would be Voice or Speech that's covered by the Speech CG.  For the Speech CG, Google is nearby and I would be happy to reach out to Glenn who is one of the editors of the spec to come by and present where they are at and who's implemented the spec etc.  This might be interesting in light of the proposal from GENIVI/Elektrobit.

ACTION: Please share your thoughts as I don't want to be the one driving the agenda :)

ACTION: Lastly, please let me know if you are planning to attend and if you have any food restrictions as I'll need to contact our catering company in the next few weeks with a head count and food restrictions.  Intel will pick up the costs of coffee and tea for the morning and lunch plus coffee and tea in the afternoon for Mon and Tues.  I'll try to get some food or lite nibbles for breakfast and the afternoon if our budget allows but for now plan to get breakfast on your own and I'll let you all know as we draw closer to the F2F.

Thanks,
Adam


Adam M Abramski
Product Planner
Intel Software & Services Group
503-264-8269 (o)
503-550-7910 (m)
adam.m.abramski@intel.com<mailto:adam.m.abramski@intel.com>
Received on Saturday, 8 February 2014 01:25:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 19:52:52 UTC