Re: Another automated accessibility testing tool --> design sheets + testcase files

Hello Everyone

As far as I understand it, the point of this community group is clear :   a
fresh approach to formalising the automatisable rules of the WCAG.

To this end quite a few people have been working since April, to a greater
or lesser degree ( I make that point because we haven't all been available
all the time... I am very guilty of that).

However, I think it is fair to say that the group has by and large avoided
becoming a discussion board for Vendors and tools, precisely because what
is interesting is working together on the rules.

So it is not about reinventing wheels... there are lots and lots of very
good automatised web checkers out there, my company www.urbilog.fr has two,
and other people on this list also.   Aurélien, who commented recently also
works for a vendor with accessibility checking http://temesis.com/

It is useful to share referentials, as I did with the RGAA in May, but the
point is really about working out the mechanics of the test from a fresh
viewpoint.   In otherwords taking a criterion and explaining the algorithm
in the wiki provided.

... well, I hope I have understood this correctly!

See you soon,

John