Re: Window function used for AnalyserNode

On 02/04/2014 18:35, Raymond Toy wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Paul Adenot <paul@paul.cx> wrote:
>
>>  Yes, we do use Blackman indeed. We should spec that.
>>

> Yes. Will you write that? I have not started writing anything yet.

I can, yes.

>> if authors have use cases that need more flexibility, it seems
>> straightforward to add a API that does not break existing applications and
>> provide other type of windows.
>>
>> If we agree on that, I'm happy to propose a patch it if nobody has started
>> writing the spec text.
>>

> You mean agree on adding an API to provide other window types? I'm not
> opposed to that, but the demand for such seems pretty low.

No, sorry for the confusion, I think we just spec Blackman. I was just
saying that this does not lock the Web Audio API for ever with a single
window type, because it's straightforward to add an API that does not
break existing code if it's needed some day.

Paul.