Re: [web-midi-api] MIDI input/output disconnection - is it permanent? (#79)

From: Cristiano Belloni <notifications@github.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 01:35:20 -0700
To: WebAudio/web-midi-api <web-midi-api@noreply.github.com>
Actually, I don't know how devices map to MIDI ports. Let's say I plug in device1 and device2. device1 gets port 0 and device2 gets port 1. Then I disconnect device1 and plug in device3. Will device3 either take the first unallocated port (port 0) or will it take another port? or the behaviour is random/undefined?

---
https://github.com/WebAudio/web-midi-api/issues/79#issuecomment-24053653