[web-midi-api] MIDI input/output disconnection - is it permanent? (#79)

From: Chris Wilson <notifications@github.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 08:32:44 -0700
To: WebAudio/web-midi-api <web-midi-api@noreply.github.com>
Reported externally:
-------------
What is the exact workflow when a MIDI input disconnects? Suppose I'm listening on port 2, which is connected at start, setting onmidimessage appropriately.
Then port 2 disconnects (I receive a disconnect event on my ondisconnect handler) - What is the fate of my onmidimessage port 2 handler?
If input 2 re-connects, should I re-set the appropriate onmidimessage handler to listen for midi events on port 2, or, having set it before, the old handler (set before disconnection and reconnection) will still work?

I *think* that when a port disconnects, it should release the event handler and the object, and they should not become live again, even when reconnected.  At the same time, the Maplike rearchitecture may change this, since that port would be the same as the previous port.  Discuss.

---
https://github.com/WebAudio/web-midi-api/issues/79