onEnded and connections

From: Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 14:44:37 -0700
To: "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>
Engineer on our team asked a question that I think needs a spec change
either way.
--
Say you have a source node and set up an event handler for onended.    Does
the event handler fire if the buffer is not actually connected to anything?

If the source is never connected to anything and it is GCed, onended should
not be called, right?

Let's say you do something like start(3600) and then disconnect the the
source node from the graph before the source starts playing.  onended
should not be called, right?

-C