Re: TAG feedback on Web Audio

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 08:08:42 -0400
To: Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com>
CC: Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>, "K. Gadd" <kg@luminance.org>, Srikumar Karaikudi Subramanian <srikumarks@gmail.com>, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com>, Alex Russell <slightlyoff@google.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>, Olivier Thereaux <Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk>, "robert@ocallahan.org" <robert@ocallahan.org>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>, www-tag@w3.org

On 8/8/2013 5:29 AM, Marcus Geelnard wrote:
> I think that most people on this list have agreed that the time/speed
> implications of a memcpy is not really an issue.

OK, great. If that's really true and it's been thought through, then you've
already done what I was suggesting. I'm always suspicious when streaming
media interfaces involve copying, but if it's been added up and not just
the single program performance but the impact on other applications has
been evaluated, then that's terrific. (It's easy to build systems that run
just fine if nothing else is happening on the system, but that take more
than a reasonable share of memory bandwidth.)

Noah