Re: Proposal for fixing race conditions

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 11:46:53 +1200
To: Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com>
Cc: Srikumar Karaikudi Subramanian <srikumarks@gmail.com>, "K. Gadd" <kg@luminance.org>, Jer Noble <jer.noble@apple.com>, Olivier Thereaux <Olivier.Thereaux@bbc.co.uk>, WG <public-audio@w3.org>
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 5:58 AM, Chris Rogers <crogers@google.com> wrote:

> We have looked at it in quite some detail, and so far we believe we have a
> safe solution.

The safety of your solution requires introducing the concept of
"non-neuterable ArrayBuffers" to the Web platform. That feature needs to be
added to the Typed Array and possibly Workers spec, and as far as I know
that hasn't been formally proposed yet, much less accepted by the editors
of those specs. So I think we should regard your solution as tentative.

waanndt  wyeonut  thoo mken.o w  *
*