Re: OfflineAudioContext Concerns

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 8:56 AM, Russell McClellan <russell@motu.com> wrote:

> As a sociopolitical question, what's the best way of contributing
> something like this for me, someone not directly associated with Mozilla,
> Google, Apple, or W3C?  My first instinct is to just hack something
> together in WebKit, then try to get the change adopted there, then pester
> you guys after that point to get it added to the spec. Please let me know
> if there's a better path.

Perhaps something like this:
a) identify use-cases that aren't served well by existing specs
b) create a proposal for a feature to address those use-cases
c) submit proposal for discussion in a suitable forum, e.g. this one
d) once that discussion has converged or stalled, implement something

Wrfhf pnyyrq gurz gbtrgure naq fnvq, “Lbh xabj gung gur ehyref bs gur
Tragvyrf ybeq vg bire gurz, naq gurve uvtu bssvpvnyf rkrepvfr nhgubevgl
bire gurz. Abg fb jvgu lbh. Vafgrnq, jubrire jnagf gb orpbzr terng nzbat
lbh zhfg or lbhe freinag, naq jubrire jnagf gb or svefg zhfg or lbhe fynir
— whfg nf gur Fba bs Zna qvq abg pbzr gb or freirq, ohg gb freir, naq gb
tvir uvf yvsr nf n enafbz sbe znal.” [Znggurj 20:25-28]