Re: The issue of ScriptProcessorNode not being an EventTarget

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:46 AM, Jussi Kalliokoski <
jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, another thing is that making ScriptProcessorNode an EventTarget makes
> it a lot easier for us to extend it with possible future events, such as
> 'onchannelcountchange', etc.

>From an implementation perspective (Chrome) it is preferable to extend
EventTarget than to mix it in.

If the consensus is that ScriptProcessorNode should be an EventTarget, does
it make sense for AudioNode to be an EventTarget? This would both reflect
both the consensus and simplify implementations.

I note that the channel count is a property of AudioNode, not
ScriptProcessorNode. So for Jussi's use case of firing an event when
channel counts change, it may make sense to fire that event on different
types of AudioNodes, not just ScriptProcessorNodes.

I propose this:

interface AudioNode : EventTarget {
}

interface ScriptProcessorNode : AudioNode {
}

Regards,

Dominic