Re: Progressive audio data decoding

On 1/15/2013 2:42 PM, Chris Rogers wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Yury Delendik <ydelendik@mozilla.com
> <mailto:ydelendik@mozilla.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 1/15/2013 12:27 PM, Ralph Giles wrote:
>
>         On 13-01-15 5:55 AM, Yury Delendik wrote:
>
>             Hello,
>
>             Is there a way to decode the audio data in chunks?
>
>         I don't know about WebAudio, but are you aware of the
>         MediaSource draft?
>         It proposes something like this.
>
>         https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html-media/raw-file/tip/media-source/media-source.html
>
>           -r
>
>     Thank you. That's closer to what I'm looking for.
>
>     But to be on a par with flash or implement some fancy audio
>     player, some basic sound transform may be applied to the audio
>     (e.g. [1]). Also, it will be useful to extract the sound data from
>     the encoded audio [2] or compute spectrum [3].
>
>       [1]
>     http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/media/SoundTransform.html
>       [2]
>     http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/media/Sound.html#extract%28%29
>       [3]
>     http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/media/SoundMixer.html#computeSpectrum%28%29
>

> There is the MediaElementAudioSourceNode to let you apply effects or
> visualize from an <audio> element:
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/audio/raw-file/tip/webaudio/specification.html#MediaElementAudioSourceNode

I don't quite understand the complete solution. Do you suggest to use
Media Source Extensions to build the stream, play the audio element with
normal speed, get the data using the MediaElementAudioSourceNode, apply
effects and playback the final audio using Web Audio? I think it's a
little bit inefficient.