Re: Changing sample rate, Web Audio API, getUserMedia -- forward from [chromium-discuss]

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 12:51 AM, He Shiming <heshiming@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Rob. It looks very well suited for my application. What's the
> status of this document? Do you have any idea when this proposal will go
> into recommendation?

I can tell you that Mozilla needs the functionality and have started
implementing it. Obviously you'd have to ask other vendors about their
plans. Normally you can expect the spec to stabilize once people have
implemented it :-). Also, in this case there has been input from multiple
vendors and pretty good consensus, so I don't think we'll have a problem
converging on something very much like the current proposal. For questions
about the formal status of the document, you'd have to ask on the list
though.

BTW you didn't say much about your actual application, but if data size is
a concern then maybe you really should be using StreamRecorder with a
proper audio codec. I would recommend Opus of course :-).

Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers of the
Gentiles lord it over them, and their high officials exercise authority
over them. Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among
you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first must be your
slave — just
as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his
life as a ransom for many.” [Matthew 20:25-28]