Re: How to play back synthesized 22kHz audio in a glitch-free manner?

Could one simply define a ResamplerNode/PlaybackRateAdjustmentNode? Then,
in cases where you want to stitch together smaller buffers and adjust the
playback rate of all of them, you give them all the resampler node as a
shared destination.

This would allow removing the .playbackRate attribute of
AudioBufferSourceNode entirely, and it would probably be more generally
useful anyway - for example, resampling ScriptProcessorNode outputs
entirely, adjusting the playback rate of audio from an <audio> element,
etc. I'd argue that such a change would have a good symmetry with the
removal of .gain and provide benefits for developers.

Separate from this, though, we still ultimately need a way to schedule
buffers in a sample-precise manner - whether it's changes to the definition
of start()/etc in order to enable sample-precise start times, or a
startImmediatelyAfter method. But splitting playback rate adjustment out
would at least let people realistically use ScriptProcessorNode in these
scenarios, which would be great!

-kg