Re: AudioBufferSourceNode.gain

Hi Chris, all

On 09/05/2013 19:24, "Chris Rogers" <crogers@google.com> wrote:
>Unfortunately there's enough content out there using it that I cannot
>recommend removing it from WebKit/Blink.

Is the information about how many sites/apps using a given feature public,
or could it be made public? I am curious about the raw numbers - the
notion that a feature is used "a lot" is very vague and makes me slightly
ill at ease.

> One notable one is http://playcanvas.com/ which is a game library.

It looks like Playcanvas is in trial mode at the moment, which would
suggest that it doesn't yet have a massive user base. There may be room to
manoeuvre. We should probably try getting a line of communication with
them and discuss the possibility that some features are still a moving
target. For all we know they may be perfectly comfortable removing
features if our group decides not to standardise them.

I will reach out to them and see what happens.

Olivier

http://www.bbc.co.uk

If you have received it in
Do not use, copy or disclose the