Re: Heads-up: audio WG teleconference 25th April 2013

I'd like to try to clarify the definition of various time-related values, specifically context.currentTime, AudioProcessEvent.playbackTime, and start/stop/parameter change times. The spec doesn't clearly describe how these times relate to each other, to node graph activity and computation, and to physical audio signal output.

I have a definite idea of what these times mean and am prepared to talk about that. Various exchanges both on and off this list lead me to believe that there's a lack of clarity on this point, at least as far as the spec is concerned. My worry is that differing interpretations at this point could lead to divergent implementations, which will hurt the adoption of Web Audio.

…Joe