Phase offset for OscillatorNodes?

From: Patrick Borgeat <patrick.borgeat@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 16:01:11 +0100
To: public-audio@w3.org
Hi there,

I wonder if OscillatorNodes could have some kind of phase offset (or maybe
I'm missing something and there is such thing?)

Here's an example how the phase parameter in SuperCollider affects the
signal:

[image: Inline-Bild 3]
[image: Inline-Bild 4]

Phase offsets are pretty important for LFOs. I also use them for drum
synthesis (to have a nice click at the beginning).

A phase offset could be passed as an optional double offset=0 parameter to
the start method of OscillatorNodes. A modulateable phase parameter could
be interesting as well off course, but might be overkill for the Web Audio
API.

Looking forward reading your thoughts on that :-).

cheers,
Patrick

image.png
(image/png attachment: image.png)