Re: DSP API proposal/draft

Hi Marcus,

On 23 Jul 2012, at 14:08, Marcus Geelnard wrote:
> I've put together a first (not yet complete) draft specification for a DSP API.
>  http://people.opera.com/mage/dspapi/

Thanks for sharing it. Looks quite nice, clear and complete.

> Quite a bit of thought has gone into it, and some benchmarking has been done to find out what methods are useful to include, but I'm very open for discussions and changes. Here is a quick summary:
> o Only 1D signal processing has been considered/included.

I guess that's my main question. I understand that performance is a big win, but we are talking about a lot of operations which would be very easy to implement from the basic math features in JS and other scripting languages. Arguably the benefit would be even higher for vector math. But then… would the scope be way broader than that of our Audio WG?

Olivier