Re: DSP API proposal/draft

From: Jussi Kalliokoski <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 16:34:15 +0300
To: Marcus Geelnard <mage@opera.com>
Cc: public-audio@w3.org
Hey Marcus!

I'll take a deeper look at it later, but for now I have a few
 * The API seems to be designed for most parts to deal with 1D/real data.
Imaginary/vector math is very core to DSP.
 * Most methods have no way of dealing with interleaved data. This is a
problem because a lot of data out there is in interleaved format, including
PCM. A few suggestions to alleviate the problem:
   - Add input & output stride & offset to the methods.
   - Add methods for deinterleaving/interleaving data (might be useful
 * Since convolution is attached to the filter interface, it's also limited
to 1D signals, hence not very useful for images, etc.

Good work anyway!