Re: Changes to "HTML5 game" use case

From: James Ingram <j.ingram@netcologne.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 14:54:10 +0100
To: public-audio@w3.org
CC: Samuel Goldszmidt <samuel.goldszmidt@ircam.fr>

Hi Samuel,

You said:
> For UC5, we could add support to custom music notation element based on
> font-files ? I think this is a way that Sibelius or others achieve this,
> no ? (Also, browsers are allready able to load custom font in CSS3 with
> @font-face elements).

Forgive me if I haven't understood you correctly, but I think that
graphics should be kept very strictly out of the audio specifications.
SVG uses @font-face to load custom fonts, so the audio group should not
have to worry about that. Sibelius will have to write SVG if they want
to create files which are both displayable and interactive in browsers.
Maybe they can already -- I don't know.

You also said
> We could also have pitch-shift and timestrech effects, which are very
> usefull while putting samples together on a specific tempo using a DAW.
Reading this, it occurred to me that it would be possible to include
non-midi instructions in SVG files too. I've been embedding MIDI, but
information special to a particular Javascript synthesizer could easily
be used instead. There's no real reason why virtual synthesizers have to
support MIDI.

best,
James

--