Re: ProcessedMediaStream demos

From: Phil Burk <philburk@mobileer.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 12:02:23 -0800
To: public-audio@w3.org

On 2/7/12 11:36 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> Not yet. libcubeb (a new cross-platform low-latency audio playback
> library we're building) doesn't have a stable ALSA backend yet.

If you need a cross platform audio I/O library to build the playback
engine on top of then PortAudio might be useful.

PortAudio provides a simple device enumeration and callback API for
multiple platforms. It supports
* OSS, Jack and ALSA on Linux,
* CoreAudio on Mac, and
* WMME, ASIO, WASAPI, DirectSound, and WDMKS on Windows.

PortAudio only provides the audio I/O interface. It does not do audio
compression or file streaming.

PortAudio is distributed under an Open MIT style license.

PortAudio is used in many applications including CSound, PD, Jack on
Windows, Audacity, SuperCollider, etc.

Phil Burk