Re: ProcessedMediaStream demos

From: Phil Burk <philburk@mobileer.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 12:02:23 -0800
To: public-audio@w3.org

On 2/7/12 11:36 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> Not yet. libcubeb (a new cross-platform low-latency audio playback
> library we're building) doesn't have a stable ALSA backend yet.

If you need a cross platform audio I/O library to build the playback
engine on top of then PortAudio might be useful.

PortAudio provides a simple device enumeration and callback API for
multiple platforms. It supports
* OSS, Jack and ALSA on Linux,
* CoreAudio on Mac, and
* WMME, ASIO, WASAPI, DirectSound, and WDMKS on Windows.

PortAudio only provides the audio I/O interface. It does not do audio
compression or file streaming.

PortAudio is distributed under an Open MIT style license.

   http://www.portaudio.com

PortAudio is used in many applications including CSound, PD, Jack on
Windows, Audacity, SuperCollider, etc.

Phil Burk