Minutes of Audio WG meeting, 2012-02-06

From: Olivier Thereaux <olivier.thereaux@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 08:56:04 +0000
To: public-audio@w3.org
Dear all,

The minutes of the Audio Working Group's teleconference held on 6th
February 2012 are online:

The group is getting large and we may be changing our teleconference
time. Please give your preference for your typical week in the online
poll: http://www.doodle.com/i4pecambe7a5az64

Meeting Summary:

* We welcomed a few new participants, including Phil Burk.

* A follow-up on the mailing-list discussion about getUserMedia. Phil
and ROC will be participating in the TF
(http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-capture/) and act as
liaison with our group.

* One of the next steps in our work on Use Cases and Requirements is to
prioritize them. It was suggested that the group gives each UC a certain
priority level, which would then affect which requirements are needed in
the first version of our spec(s). Since the UC&R document has changed a
lot during and since the f2f meeting, the whole group is strongly
encouraged to review it.

* There is a need to better understand the differences between the Web
Audio API and Media Streams API - expressed both by people interested in
our work, and by many in our group. A wiki document has been started,
all (esp the two spec editors) encouraged to contribute to it, focusing
especially on how the two proposals approach our use cases differently.