RE: MIDI enumeration (was: Re: getUserMedia use cases)

From: Tom White \(MMA\) <lists@midi.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 13:51:07 -0800
To: "'Chris Wilson'" <cwilso@google.com>
Cc: "'Joseph Berkovitz'" <joe@noteflight.com>, "'Robin Berjon'" <robin@berjon.com>, <public-audio@w3.org>, "'Dom Hazael-Massieux'" <dom@w3.org>, <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Okay, thanks!

- TW

  _____

From: Chris Wilson [mailto:cwilso@google.com]

Oh, I had been.  The Windows APIs have a bit more to them in some cases
(like enumeration), which is why I was poking at if those bits were
interesting in use or not...

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Tom White (MMA) <lists@midi.org> wrote:

>> Note I'm borrowing these concepts from the Windows MIDI API, e.g.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd798467(v=vs.85).as
px. <<

No offense intended to Microsoft, but when it comes to MIDI support, Apple
is generally considered (by those who know) to be a better example of "how
it should be done"... which is not to say there is anything specifically
wrong with these Microsoft concepts, only that it's a little weird to think
of them as exemplary <g>. I would simply suggest looking at Apple's API,
too...

Tom White
MMA