Latency

From: Chris Lowis <chris.lowis@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 16:04:34 +0000
To: public-audio@w3.org
I noticed that latency was a topic for discussion in today's
teleconference (which I won't be able to attend, sadly). I just wanted
to link again to Al's demo which he sent out last year:

http://www.f1lt3r.com/w3caudio/web-audio-api/basic-examples/low-latency-playback-user-input.html

Do you think there's any merit in having "standard" reference
implementations that we can use to test/evaluate latency across various
browser and OS-combinations? I suspect this is the kind of thing that
would be very difficult to test in an automated fashion, but it may be
possible to have some manual tests based on simple examples.

Best regards,

Chris