Re: Audio-ISSUE-105 (MIDI timestamp resolution): timestamps in MIDI should use High Resolution Time [MIDI API]

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 15:12:14 +0200
To: "Chris Wilson" <cwilso@google.com>, "Jussi Kalliokoski" <jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com>
Cc: "Adam Goode" <agoode@google.com>, public-audio@w3.org
On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 21:36:20 +0200, Jussi Kalliokoski
<jussi.kalliokoski@gmail.com> wrote:

> Personally I think it's a bit confusing that Web Audio API uses seconds
> instead of milliseconds, because like I said, most time related values on
> the web are presented as milliseconds.

All the time-related properties on HTMLMediaElement are expressed in
seconds. To have AudioContext use an milliseconds without also redefining
the sample rates as samples / millisecond would be weird, so overall I'd
prefer to just stick with seconds.

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer