Re: Web Audio API spec review

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:26 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>wrote:

> One thing that is going to be really important when addressing this
> feedback is understanding the existing compatibility constraints. As I said
> in an earlier email, if Webkit is unwilling to take a change, due to
> compatibility concerns, then we probably don't want to take that change in
> the spec either.

Hi Rob, I think you're talking about the "overhang" issue, where one thing
may be implemented in WebKit, but not in the spec for backwards
compatibility reasons?  I think in that thread we were talking about
noteOn() vs. start() naming...  I totally understand and agree with your
concern here and my goal is to avoid these types of issues by keeping the
spec and the WebKit implementation consistent.  I would love for the Web
Audio API to work well in all implementations.  It looks like there are
many comments starting to come in suddenly from other browser vendors
(which is a good thing).  It will take me a little time to process all of
these comments, and to try to add more detail into the specification where
it has been requested.

Chris