Re: Web Audio API spec review

Hi Olli,

On 15/05/2012 14:51, Olli Pettay wrote:
> That is sad given the technical merits the MediaStream Processing API has.
> I don't know why the WG ended up to such resolution.

For the record, there was never any doubt that the MediaStream
Processing API had technical merits and a number of excellent ideas,
which is why we will keep using it as a basis for our work after
publishing it as a Note.

You may get an idea of the discussions leading to the resolution here:
http://www.w3.org/2012/05/02-audio-minutes.html#item07
then here:
http://www.w3.org/2012/05/09-audio-minutes.html#item01

In a nutshell: the group decided to focus on building upon the spec
proposal which was getting the clearest traction from the industry,
while acknowledging and benefiting from the value of the other.

Thanks,
Olivier

--
Olivier Thereaux