Re: Web Audio API spec review

Hi Philip, all

On 15/05/2012 13:45, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
> Marcus and I have begun spec review of the Web Audio API and MediaStream
> Processing with the expectation to start implementing something in the
> not too distant future.

Please note, per
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2012AprJun/0144.html
that the MediaStream Processing spec will soon be republished as a Note
and that the group will be focussing on the Web Audio API.

> The executive summary is that the Web Audio API is largely
> underspecified and that we could not even begin to implement it based on
> the existing spec without reverse-engineering Chris Rogers'
> implementation.

The timing of your comments is good. Looking at changes to the spec
which will make it more implementable is going to be our focus in the
foreseeable future. See recent threads, such as
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-audio/2012AprJun/thread.html#msg141

Thanks,
--
Olivier