Re: Browser Microphone Access

From: Randell Jesup <randell-ietf@jesup.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:59:50 -0400
To: public-audio@w3.org
On 4/19/2012 9:21 AM, Jussi Kalliokoski wrote:
> Hello group,
>
> I have a quick question: is there any browser (experimental build or
> not) out there that allows you to access the raw data from the user's
> microphone, for example using the WebRTC and Web Audio API? If so, are
> there any code examples somewhere? I'm asking because we're working on
> a cool demo I'll probably share with the group too. If not, we'll just
> have to use flash for the microphone input, until a better alternative
> becomes available.

Opera: navigator.getUserMedia()
Chrome Canary: navigator.webkitGetUserMedia()
FireFox: nothing yet - roc's test builds of MediaStream Processing don't
have GetUserMedia yet.  getUserMedia() (probably mozGetUserMedia()) will
be coming soon from the WebRTC work currently under way at Mozilla.

That gets you the streams; what you do with them is up to you.  For
video, you can drop them in a canvas (see webgl demos).

--
Randell Jesup
randell-ietf@jesup.org