Re: TPAC F2F and Spec Proposals

On 10/14/2011 03:47 AM, Robert O'Callahan wrote:

> The big thing it doesn't have is a library of native effects like the
> Web Audio API has, although there is infrastructure for specifying named
> native effects and attaching effect parameters to streams. I would love
> to combine my proposal with the Web Audio effects.

As far as I see Web Audio doesn't actually specify the effects in any
way, I mean the algorithms, so having two implementations to do the
same thing would be more than lucky. That is not, IMO, something we
should expose to the web, at least not in the audio/media core API.

Could there perhaps be separate a spec, something like "Game Audio
Effects API" which would define the APIs for the effects so that there
wasn't need to define algorithms exactly.
(For any kind of serious music production unreliable effects are no-go.)
Those APIs would then use MediaStreams or extend AudioNodes, whichever
core API is chosen.

-Olli