Re: Adding Web Audio API Spec to W3C Repository

From: Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 09:44:38 +1200
To: Paul Bakaus <pbakaus@zynga.com>
Cc: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, "public-audio@w3.org" <public-audio@w3.org>, Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>, "Michael(tm) Smith" <mike@w3.org>, Dan Burnett <dburnett@voxeo.com>, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, Tobie Langel <tobie@fb.com>, Christoph Martens <cmartens@zynga.com>
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 2:51 AM, Paul Bakaus <pbakaus@zynga.com> wrote:

> HTML5 Appcache offline caching sounds good, if this is defining that audio
> and video data is to be cached in an offline cache.

Please try it out and file bugs on browsers where it doesn't work.

> The HTML audio element would certainly be enough to meet our current
> demands. Implementations are broken, incomplete or perform too bad. We have
> yet to discover a single browser without audio issues.

Please file bugs against Firefox, send me links to bugs you've filed and
I'll do what I can to make sure they get fixed. The only major issue in our
media element implementation that I'm aware of right now is that we use too
many threads when a large number of media elements are active --- it's being
worked on.