Search functions

From: Morten Tollefsen <morten@medialt.no>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 12:09:46 +0200
To: <public-atag2-comments@w3.org>
Hi!

Guideline A.3.5 [For the authoring tool user interface] Provide text
search.

Both when editing contents produced by others and when writing my own
things I'm searching a lot (I'm a screen reader user, and screen reader
users probably are search experts:-)!). Therefore I think this is a very
important guideline.

When working with contents produced by others I also often search for
attributes: bold, underline, spesific colours, font size, ... These
attributes are hard to find when using a screen reader (at least in
contents using several different markings). Therefore I also think
attribute/formatting search should have been included in ATAG.

Best regards,

Morten Tollefsen
MediaLT: www.medialt.no
Phone: (+47) 21 53 80 10
Mobile: (+47) 908 99 305
Address: Jerikoveien 22, N-1067 Oslo, Norway