general approaches & trivial details

From: Mike Gifford <mike@openconcept.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 23:04:59 -0400
To: public-atag2-comments@w3.org
I'm finding it difficult with both WCAG 2.0 & ATAG 2.0 to have web accessibility
& desktop accessibility merged together like this.  Perhaps it is useful for the
sake of the overlap in standardized approaches.  However, for a web developer
working with a popular open source content management system (Drupal), I find
that most folks get lost in the documentation.  Stripping it down to what is
relevant for particular audiences is key.  It's disappointing that W3C isn't
taking the initiative to provide concise guides for different developer
communities.  Would really aid adoption I am sure.  Web based interfaces are a
big enough challenge for accessibility that they could use having a shorter
checklist, tailored using more standardized web specific language, and with
links to best practices which are available in existing open source packages if
possible. The desktop software people speak a different language I assume.

There is a link from:

where the anchor doesn't exist.  Same issue with:

Further down, there's a mising space in this paragraph:

href="Overview.html#def-Author" title="definition: author">authors</a>are
provided with a choice of <a href="Overview.html#def-Authoring-Action">authoring
actions</a> to achieve the same <a
href="Overview.html#def-Authoring-Outcome-Mainstream">mainstream rendered </a><a
href="Overview.html#def-Authoring-Outcome-Mainstream"> outcome</a>, then actions
that implement <a href="Overview.html#def-Acc-Auth-Practice" title="definition:
accessible authoring practice">accessible
             authoring practices</a> are at least as <a
href="Overview.html#def-Prominence" title="definition: prominence">
prominent</a> as the other action(s)  (e.g., text can be made bold with either
style sheets or <a href="Overview.html#def-Presentation-markuo">presentational

These last items are pretty trivial though.

Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting Inc.
Free Software for Social Change -> http://openconcept.ca
http://twitter.com/mgifford | http://delicious.com/mgifford |
OpenConcept is a proud sponsor of http://dc2009.drupalcon.org