Re: ARIA and HTML document question about implicit headings

From: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 13:07:27 +0200
To: Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com>
Cc: ARIA Working Group <public-aria@w3.org>
Bryan wrote:
"I noticed recently that according to the ARIA and HTML mapping tables, the
use of aria-level is said to not be allowed on H1 through H6 elements, even
though these implicitly map to role="heading"."

It would be really helpful to provide a reference to a source when making
such statements.

On Monday, 14 August 2017, Bryan Garaventa <bryan.garaventa@levelaccess.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I noticed recently that according to the ARIA and HTML mapping tables, the
> use of aria-level is said to not be allowed on H1 through H6 elements, even
> though these implicitly map to role="heading".
>
> Since supporting attributes like aria-pressed and aria-haspopup are
> accepted on other implicit elements like role="button", amongst other
> implicit role and attribute combinations, why is this one different?
>
> Bryan Garaventa
> Accessibility Fellow
> Level Access, Inc.
> Bryan.Garaventa@LevelAccess.com