Re: aria-readonly and plain elements

Hey Aaron.

Regarding this particular issue:

On 07/27/2017 12:15 PM, Aaron Leventhal wrote:

> CORE-AAM readonly="false"
> States "Expose IA2_STATE_EDITABLE"
> This does not make sense for a lot of the roles that support
> aria-readonly, such as a checkbox.
> In general it does not make sense to expose IA2_STATE_EDITABLE unless
> you also expose the IAccessibleEditableText interface, which you would
> not do on something like a gridcell unless it had contenteditable.

Yeah.... In the case of ATK, at least there's a statement regarding only
exposing the "editable" state if it's a textbox. Arguably that should be
changed to something like "textbox or searchbox" since our taxonomy is
not something we expect others to pay attention to.

As for the other issues, a while back I had opened a github issue to fix
ATK and plan to do so later this morning:
https://github.com/w3c/aria/issues/568. Are the changes described there
what you feel are needed for IA2?

--joanie