Re: aria-readonly and plain elements

I don't think there is currently a way to differentiate readonly as false
vs undefined in current platform accessibility APIs.

Core-AAM suggests the EDITABLE state, but I believe that tends to mean that
the editable interface is exposed. In fact because of that it is actually
exposed on a readonly field. Also, I'm not sure what would happen if we
started exposing the EDITABLE state when something wasn't actually editable.

We could introduce an object attribute or something, but I just want to
point out that no one currently does this and no one has really talked
about support it in screen readers, afaik. I could be completely wrong --
someone correct me if so.

Aarn