Re: Nested links (not related to children presentational issue in ARIA 1.1)

I have long thought that what we need is the ability for ANY object
which can take focus to expose the fact that it has descendants, much
like grid cells do today in some UIs. A user could then use a keystroke
(or gesture) to switch between interacting with the root object, or its
children. This would allow a common UI model to be implemented across
all sorts of different components and would resolve many of the tensions
we have seen recently where UX patterns are created which aren't
supported by the common Accessibility models.

--
Regards, James

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
James Nurthen | Principal Engineer, Accessibility
Phone: +1 650 506 6781 <tel:+1%20650%20506%206781> | Mobile: +1 415 987
1918 <tel:+1%20415%20987%201918> | Video: james.nurthen@oracle.com
<sip:james.nurthen@oracle.com>
Oracle Corporate Architecture
500 Oracle Parkway | Redwood Cty, CA 94065